Kt's Travels

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blistering Heat

OK, so I know this is technically "cool" weather for Thailand, but to me, it's roasting. Mostly, it's the sun. I tend to think that the sun is pretty warm in Denver just because of the altitude. But the sun here puts Denver to shame... I can feel my arms begin to sizzle within seconds of stepping out of the shade. As a result, I've been hanging out in the shade as much as possible. But even with my best efforts, I still managed to get sunburned on my knees and shoulders and nose. I'm still not quite sure how since I've been wearing a hat since I got here and the sunscreen has been continuously reapplied. It's a mystery...

We went for a hike today up to a nearby cave on Ko Lanta. First we took an elephanty ride, then hiked, then explored the cave a bit. Saw some monkeys in the trees. It was a really short trip, but a nice break from the beach. Although, my ankle seems to have been re-agitated by the hiking, so it's nicely swollen once again. Luckily, I have ACE bandages at the ready!

Other than that, there's not too much to tell. Bootleg copies of CDs are available everywhere for 100 Baht... or a little over $2. So I've stocked up. We'll see how they work, but right now I have added The Rolling Stones, Eminem, Frank Sinatra, Keane, and a few others. I don't think I could have gotten a more random selection if I had tried!

We're off to Bangkok tomorrow for some last minute sightseeing and shopping (well, I plan on shopping anyway). :) And then we fly out on Saturday morning. I have to admit I am looking forward to being back in the States. I'll be in LA for at least another week after that. We're off to see Jay Leno, maybe visit DisneyLand, and, if possible, I might take a motorcycle class while I'm there just because. So the trip isn't quite over yet!

I'll get my pictures loaded next week so I can share them with everyone! See you all soon!

-Katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home