Kt's Travels

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Boston

Motel 6 gets a bad name - but you know what, for the price, I can't complain. Ashley and I are settled happily in our cozy Motel 6 room in Framingham, MA, drinking 2 Buck Chuck and watching one of our ten cable channels. Granted, the room doesn't have much to offer, but it's clean and the beds are comfortable.

We had a very eventful day today - took a lovely break from work and spent the day as full-on tourists. We drove our mid-sized rental car to Salem, MA for some witchy history. We followed that up with yet another meal out. We're attempting to be careful about our weight - walking a lot and attempting not to eat so much that we leave every meal feeling uncomfortable. We finished the day with a quick tour of the shore near Marblehead and then stopped by Concord National Historic Park for a quick reminder about how the American revolution got it's start. One if by land, two if by sea. Good stuff.

Tomorrow we hit the road again, this time heading for Hadley, MA. The plan is for one last breakfast at Dunkin Donuts (their egg and cheese English muffin sandwich is recommended by Self magazine), and then we'lll take our time heading to western Mass and hopefully the Dr. Seuss museum in Springfield. More to come very soon - thus far the trip is going well and Ashley and I are both looking forward to the next step. We're upgrading to a Quality Inn!

1 Comments:

  • I went to the Witch place in Salem when I was a kid, I think it gave me nightmares for quite a while. Did you take photos? I would love to see if it is anything like I remember.

    Sounds like you girls are having fun!!

    Melanie

    By Blogger Melanie_Gentz, at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home