Kt's Travels

Friday, May 18, 2007

The Thunder that Roars

Hi all!
I have returned to Cape Town after an amazing trip to Victoria Falls and a great visit with my college friend Jalle in Zambia. I ended my time in Zambia by taking an ultralight flight over the Falls. The photo is taken from a fixed camera on the wing. You can't take anything loose on the ultralight in case it falls into the propeller - which would not be good! It was an amazing view of the Falls, which are at their full power at this time of year, extending all 1.7 km across and then plummeting into the gorge below. You can see the mist from the falls kilometers away. It's beautiful.

I fly back to Denver tomorrow! :) Can't wait to see everyone and talk to you all soon! More about the trip to come soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home