Kt's Travels

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Arrived in Cape Town!

Hi everyone!

I'm in Cape Town, South Africa - Just wanted to let everyone know that I made it here safe and sound, got picked up by Kat, who works for i-to-i. She's awesome, we chatted the whole way to my hotel, which is literally right on the beach. (Here's an odd coincidence - we both stayed in the same hostel in New Orleans when we visited there.)

It was a long trip, but I actually managed to sleep on both plane flights. The group next to me on the flight from London was pretty rowdy. I managed to sleep despite the noise, but was rudely awakened when someone got a little riled up and knocked a half-full tray of juice into my lap. I don't recommend that as a way to wake up. Grrr.

As for Cape Town - This place is beautiful. And it's not even ideal conditions today since it's pretty cloudy. It is warm, though. And a little humid.

Anyway - I need to go and get unpacked and settled in, grocery shop, shower, all of that good stuff! Keep in touch. I'll try to keep everyone updated on how things are going.

-Kt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home