Kt's Travels

Friday, April 06, 2007

Get Involved!

It's been very busy here in Cape Town. Last week we tried sandboarding with Gary's son Matt. That was interesting - very hot and a lot of work to hike up the hill in the heat. Snowboarding is much better in my opinion. It's easier to maneuver through the snow than through sand.


I went to Kirstenbosch with Natalie and Chris - some amazing gardens in Cape Town. They're nestled right at the base of Table Mountain, so the location alone is just breathtaking. It's fall here, so the flowers were not in bloom. I can only imagine how beautiful it is with all of the flowers. This is me with a sculpture in the garden:


Our daily job is in the surf shop. Luckily we've all had plenty of opportunities to get out and surf on our own, so I've managed to get some practice on the smaller boards. I still need a lot of work, but it's really fun even if I am not perfect! This is Natalie and Alexa heading out for a surf. Yea bru!

This is the Gary's crew at the moment, although Natalie just left to head back to England and we have 2 new arrivals coming on Tuesday. Counterclockwise from the left: Alexa, me, Dana, Jamie, and Natalie.


I took a side trip on my day of to go to Simon's Town to see the penguins that live there. They are so stinkin' cute...




Other than work and sightseeing on our days off, we do a lot of hanging around at the lodge or going out to eat or going to the bars in Kalks Bay, which is a 30 minute walk from the lodge. Our favorite is Cape to Cuba, a Cuban themed bar with a really relaxed atmosphere. This is Kwezi and Alexa mugging for the camera - My favorite picture from the evening - they crack me up!

I managed to delete all of my pictures other than the ones I have posted here - Stupid thing to do, but no point crying over it! I'll just be getting copies from friends here to share with y'all when I get home!

1 Comments:

  • Katie, It looks like you are having an awesome time! It sure is beautiful there.
    Jean

    By Blogger Jean M Fogle, at 4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home